As the situation with the COVID-19 is not getting much better and it is expected that the Polish borders will be closed during the summer, we need to oficiallu cancel the EAI school in Torun in August
It will be still possible to organise the school with a similar program and scope next year.
We wish you and your families all the best during there difficult times.
Local Organising Committee
The summer school will be held on August 19-26, 2020 in the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Poland. Its aims are:
- to introduce early career scientists to interdisciplinary work in planetary sciences,
- to introduce science journalists and science teachers to scientific work and scientists,
- to teach future scientists how to explain scientific concepts to general public and each other, facilitating interdisciplinary research.
The idea behind the school is to gather people from different backgrounds, incl. astronomy, geology, biology, physics, journalism and teaching, and provide them with the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary groups on solving scientific problems.The program of the school will include joint lectures - from protoplanetary discs and exoplanets to geologic features of the surfaces of Earth and Mars - and afternoon hands-on sessions in small, interdisciplinary groups. Participants will present posters and flash talks about their work at the beginning of the school. Presentations by groups of students about the results obtained as part of the school are schedules at the final day of the school.
- Travel grant applications deadline: April 1, 2020
- Announcement of the travel grant laureates: April 15, 2020
- Summer school registration deadline (all candidates): April 28, 2020
- Announcement of the acceptance for the school: May 14, 2020
- Fee payment (all participants): May 30, 2020