The program of the school consists of 5 days of regular lectures and hands-on sessions in Toruń, a 2-day field trip to Poznań and Morasko crater, and a 1 day visit to the museum “Mill of Knowledge”.
The lectures will cover the following topics:
- From molecular clouds to star-forming disks; chemical complexity; building blocks of life.
- Planetary systems: architectures; detection and observations of exoplanets, habitability.
- Habitability in our Solar System.
- Asteroids as impactors; craters on Earth and beyond; numerical modelling.
- Meteorites as a source of knowledge about our Solar System.
- Geological history of Mars; past and future missions; water on Mars.
The trip to Poznań will include the site visit to the Morasko impact crater and lab measurements. The students will examine rock types at the area of the Morasko craters - they will evaluate the outcrops, identify locations of interest, drill and hand drill assigned sectors of the crater, and measure ejecta thickness.
The visit to the museum will be a part of the course and there will be an excercise to design a new exhibition related to the theme of the school included in the programme.